One night at dinner during our girl cruise, Kelly, Jill and I started drafting up a list of 26 things we had learned throughout life. It was initially supposed to be 25 to celebrate my and Kelly's 25th birthdays, but this is the way it worked out. Here's that list:
- Change is not so scary.
- There is no point in being mean or spiteful.
- Maintain healthy friendships and move on from ones that aren't.
- Stop worrying so much.
- Don't be afraid to break up with someone.
- Life is about choices - don't be afraid to choose.
- Wear sunscreen.
- One person cannot be everything for you.
- Life isn't a race; don't rush through it.
- Let people help you.
- Smile at everyone.
- Be nice.
- Volunteer. . You'll wind up serving yourself by learning about yourself.
- Save your money.
- Be selective about who you trust.
- No one is making fun of you in their mind as much as you think they are.
- Eat well.
- You will survive embarrassing moments.
- Laugh at yourself.
- Everyone's worst is the worst; they don't know anything different. Don't compare.
- Take time for you.
- Take pictures.
- Eat dessert. (ETA: Dessert arrived as we wrote this. Truly inspired!)
- Let yourself be loved.
Current Location: Orlando, FL
Current Mood: tired